In order for you to get to know a bit about who’s behind this project, we’ve collected some questions. And we’ve also answered them : )
Fave 5 ingredients?
– Alejandra: Avocado, lemon, zucchini, coriander, garlic.
– Mariona: Potato, artichoke, lemon, manchego semi, chickpeas.
– Georgi: Smoked paprika, fresh figs, anchovies, lemon & honey.
– Roman: Water, spirulina, sprouts, sauerkraut, apple juice.
Fave 3 books?
– Alejandra: I think I haven’t read them yet, but for now: The unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and A Course in Miracles.
– Mariona: A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf & Speculative Everything by Dunne & Raby had a huge impact on me at the time, Permanent Temporariness by Sandri Hilal and Alessandro Petti is what I’m reading now and I highly recommend it.
– Georgi: From the past 3 years- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin, The Bluets by Maggie Nelson & every book that Chris Kraus has ever written.
– Roman: The art of mixing by David Gibson. The Food of the Gods by Terence McKenna, Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari.
3 guilty pleasures?
– Alejandra: Watching and commenting on Keeping Up with The Kardashians, taking really long hot showers, Youtube wormhole when I’m on a deadline, oh, I know it was only three but saying that I’ve already got plans and staying in on a Friday/Saturday night.
– Mariona: cinnamon buns, Trump’s IG, reading comments of people I don’t know from Facebook articles and then spying and screenshotting their profiles — most of the times I can tell what their profiles will look like.
– Georgi: reality TV, DiWHY subreddit thread & my blow heater.
– Roman: Youtube wormhole indeed, getting late to bed, waking up late.
– Alejandra: Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Maca powder, Reishi mushroom and Magnesium.
– Mariona: lol… Vitamin D, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Primrose oil.
– Georgi: Vitamin B, zinc, vitamin D, Biotin & Serotone
– Roman: Vitamin C, Echinacea.
How would you describe love?
– Alejandra: I would say is the force that pushes everything and makes everything grow and evolve, to me, it is God, it is us : )
– Mariona: I don’t think anyone is interested in my opinion on what love is. Can we actually delete this question?
– Georgi: A feeling of being simultaneously energized and lethargic.
– Roman: a fractal structure that is the unity of the infinite multiplicity.
What is Vitamin for me?
– Alejandra: A platform that doesn’t take life seriously but takes some parts of life seriously, whatever we want it to be, to be honest.
– Mariona: a bit of light for young artists in these dark times?
– Georgi: A multifunctional cyberspace that nourishes and supports young creatives.
– Roman: A place to intersect and explore formats, digital craftsmanship, and powerful individuals.
Favorite way to decompress?
– Alejandra: Fast-walking with my dog around the Vallcarca hills while listening to music and dancing and a glass of wine and taking a nap.
– Mariona: Jumping & red wine.
– Georgi: Dancing & screaming into my pillow.
– Roman: Psychedelic substances, breath, horizontal love.
Something you’ve been willing to try for a long time but haven’t?
– Alejandra: Yoga heh
– Mariona: I really wanna go to Belgrade.
– Georgi: Transcendental meditation.
– Roman: 5 dried grams in silent darkness
Is humanity heading for a better future?
– Alejandra: Yes! We are. I like to think the Universe (and that includes humanity) is an intelligent being that is constantly re-arranging for balance. I am hopeful about the future <3
– Mariona: The idea of progress is complicated, right? We are definitely in the middle of an imagination crisis — aka Jameson’s “it has become easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism”. But I’m increasingly optimistic about alternatives to the current situation.
– Georgi: Not as long as there are no real imaginable alternatives to Capitalism.
– Roman: Better always means confronting, it appears clear in our bodies and contexts that we are in a collapse of.
Is there such a thing as wrong or right?
– Alejandra: I don’t think so : ) It’s all a sum of infinite perspectives and points of view.
– Mariona: You tell me.
– Georgi: I dont believe in absolutes or universal truths nor do I adhere to binary modes of thought so- no.
– Roman: Yes if you want to.
Portraits by Gema Prades San Nicolás